The “New” Part
The MSGA is proud of its history. But while it holds on to the core traditions it recognizes that times change and so does some of its practices. Here’s some recent initiatives:
- We’ve become more inclusive. Membership in our association has been opened to women as well as men.
- We’ve added a Florida event. Every winter we host a field day in Florida. Any eligible member and their spouse are welcome to participate. This would include members of your club over 50.
- We’re establishing relationships with other similar associations. We now have a reciprocal arrangement with Carolina Seniors Golf Association (CSGA) opening up all kinds of golf opportunities during your off –season.
- We now have a relationship with Sun & Fun travel which offers first class escorted golf travel experiences in US, the Caribbean and Ireland.
- We’ve loosened up a bit. We’re known for our Red Jackets and while many of our members still wear them proudly, they are no longer worn at most events. New members are not required to buy them.